FEATURES PROVIDED BY KALEVA TELEPHONE COMPANY
Three-Way Call – allows you to add a third party to a previously established connection. If either party hangs up after the conference, you are still connected to the remaining party.
Call Forwarding – automatically forwards your calls to another location when you plan to be away from your telephone for an extended period of time or you do not wish to receive any calls. Note that you, not originating party, are billed for any toll charges when the forward-to number is outside your local area. If you have call forwarding, it is one of the following types:
Fixed Call Forwarding To Fixed Numbers – With this option, the forward-to number has been selected by you and permanently programmed by the telephone company.
Variable Call Forwarding to Any Number – With this option, you select the forward-to number when you activate call forwarding.
Speed Calling – lets you store 8- or 30-frequently called numbers and placed such calls by dialing 1- or 2-digit codes.
Call Waiting – informs you that another party is trying to contact you while you are engaged in a telephone conversation. You can answer the incoming call and talk privately without losing the first party. You can also alternate between parties.
Caller I.D. – Displays name and number or just number of party calling you.
Call Waiting/Caller I.D.
Additional Phone Service Information
Monthly Service Charges. Monthly service charges are billed one month in advance from the first of one month to the first of the next month. Services connected mid-month are prorated from the date of installation and are billed in addition to the monthly in advance local service charges. If you have Kaleva Telephone for long-distance – charges are billed one month in arrears.
Repair Services. Our Company provides normal maintenance of telephone service to the outside of the house known as the demarcation point. This demarcation point is identified as a small grey box located on the outside of the customers home. If you request repair to your telephone service and the problem affecting service is due to a customer product such as a telephone, wiring, security system, answering machine and the like on the inside of the home, you will be charged a repair visit. Customers who connect any item to the demarcation point on the outside of the house that cause the line to go out of service will also be charged a repair visit.
Line Repair Service Number. 231-362-3291 During office hours personnel will answer. After hours Electronic Secretary will answer, Be sure to give your name, TELEPHONE NUMBER, and the nature of your problem.
Office Hours. Monday – Friday 8:00 – 4:30, Applications 8:00 – 3:30 . The office is closed Saturday and Sunday and major holidays. For your convenience there is a drop-box for payments located by the drive-up window of the telephone company office for after hour payments.
Long Distance Carriers. There are many long distance carriers to choose from who provide service into the Kaleva Telephone Exchange. If you do not specify a carrier for your calls at the time of installation, your long distance service will be blocked. For long-distance carriers other than Kaleva Telephone require that you contact them directly and set-up an account with them. We have compiled a list of some of the carriers that provide service into the Kaleva Telephone Exchange:
MISS DIG. Our Company is a member of the MISS DIG ASSOCIATION. Before excavating ground in your yard; on the roadway; drives. Please call MISS DIG at 800-482-7171 and request a location ticket be issue locating underground buried telephone lines. This is a FREE service. State Law requires you to notify utility companies 72 hours prior to locate their lines.
LIFELINE & LINK-UP SERVICES
The Lifeline Telephone Assistance Program makes residential telephone service more affordable for qualifying low-income households throughout Michigan
Lifeline offers three primary benefits to qualifying consumers.
- Reduced Charges – Households receive a monthly discount in their local telephone services charges. In most cases, the discount is $11.25 per month.
- Option to Elect Toll Blocking in Lieu of a Service Deposit – Consumers have the option of blocking outgoing long distance toll calls free of charge. If the applicant elects this option, the local telephone company will not collect a service deposit in order to initiate Lifeline service.
- Reduction in Local Telephone Line Installation Service Charges – Pursuant to the Link-Up America Program, a qualifying customer is eligible for a 50% reduction on local telephone line installation service charges.
Lifeline and Link-Up services are available to certain low-income consumers who meet the following criteria:
- Applicant’s household incomes does not exceed 150% of current federal poverty standards. Documentation of income is required.
|# of Household Members
|Gross Monthly Income
|Gross Annual Income*
|* Add $5,940 ($495 monthly) for each additional household member.
- Enhanced Tribal Lifeline applicants may be eligible if they live on or near a federally recognized reservation and participate in one of the following programs:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance Programs
- Tribally Administered TANF
- Head Start Programs (if you satisfy the income qualifying standard’s)
- National School Lunch Program’s Free Lunch Program
The maximum income amount varies according to the number of people in the household. The application must be completed by the person in whose name the phone is listed, and the phone number listed must be the applicant’s primary residence.
To Apply for Lifeline Services: Click Here to visit the LifeLine website